Monday, October 22, 2012

Positivity: All it's cracked up to be?

All the talk about positivity and being a positive person is it all bunk?  I am and continue to be (with the exception of a few days...ok maybe more than a few but less than most) a positive person.  I accept apologies and give second, third, fourth and so on... chances even when I know better.  I am even nice to those who are awful to me because I was taught to “take the high road”.

I am be no means a saint.  I get nasty like everyone else. And like everyone else I sometimes don’t feel sorry for being mean.  But most who know me will attest to that being a rarity. 

Why is it there are someone people who have been able to carve out an existence where they get to be the one we all tip toe around?  We all know one, work with one or some how come into contact with one.  These people are the ones that treat people like doggie do do and for some reason it’s okay. 

Often being excused with the phrase, “it’s just the way they are”. 

If it isn’t okay for me to act and treat people this way, how do these people get everyone else to walk on eggshells?

My positivity seems to attract those who are used to people walking on this said “eggshell” and they like to keep reminding how special they are and how they are exempt from the rules of kindness and human decency. 

I guess the real question here is, if positivity attracts positivity, where the hell are the my positive life friends? Or co-workers? Or random people on the street? 

I smile even as I write this, in hope that today will be the change I have been waiting for.  When the world moves a little bit in my direction but knowing I will wake up tomorrow with the same smile even if it isn’t.  I am not so sure that positivity attracts positivity and I definitely haven't seen much evidence of it. 

I have contemplated even trying out this new attitude that seems to work for others and tried to see if I can get the eggshells to lay down at my feet but I just don’t have what it takes to be that oblivious the those around me. 

So, here’s to another day of positivity.  I will smile and continue through my day oblivious to the load of bunk I have been privy to lately in hopes that I will attract positivity (maybe I just haven’t done it enough?) But if the day ends like it has been lately at least I have the hope of a new day and maybe a do over.

And I know I will never let these people see me cry, these jerks get the smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment